1 cup serving (with sour cream and cheese)
22.4 g fat
50.1 g carbs
43.5 g protein
4.5 g sugar
CREAMY BLACK BEAN CHICKEN SOUP
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 3 hours
READY IN: 3 hours 10 minutes
Growing up, my dad was the cook. He is amazing at mixing this and that, not measuring a thing, and having a beyond awesome dinner ready - usually in 30 minutes or less. My mom on the other hand, made the grilled cheese, macaroni-and-cheese with hot dogs, and hot dog potato boats. (Never had one?? First, I'm terribly sorry. Second, here is the recipe so go make one!) Funny thing is - my siblings and I always looked forward to those simple, "mom-made" meals. One of my favorites she would make is this Creamy Black Bean Chicken Soup. All you do is throw your ingredients in the crock pot, go to work/school/church, come home and voila - one of the easiestand tastiest soups I've found yet!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- Place chicken in crock pot. Pour broth, beans, corn, salsa, and taco seasoning over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours).
- Remove chicken and shred. Re-add chicken.
- If desired, add sour cream and cheese to crock pot. Stir until smooth. (Or add desired amount to individual servings)
- Serve with tortilla chips.